A beautiful and user-friendly GUI Wikipedia application
- PyQt 5
- Wikipedia for Python
- Qt Designer
- Any code editor
- Active internet connection
This is a simple, beautiful and user-friendly GUI Wikipedia application which takes the search request that you are interested in to find information about it from Wikipedia.
At this point of time, only a limited set of features work with an unreasonably high (but tolerable) waiting period.
- Main content of the article
- Summary of the article
- Suggested articles for the request
- Related articles for the request
- References used for the article
- Image sources used for the article
- Donate to Wikipedia
- Documentation of the API
- Unreasonably high wait time - Keeping in mind how famous Wikipedia is and the number of requests it needs to address per minute, this drawback is not likely going to be fixed any time soon.
- Unresolved exception - Some search requests result in unresolved exception which are handled generally but a workaround is yet to be provided to the user.
- Search dependence - The request for the list of related articles, references and image sources run the search based on the present keyword in the search bar.
- Messed up fontfaces - At some places, paddings and margins need to be provided judiciously in order to make sure that suspended and headed regions are visible.
Testing Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint